Sunday, May 31, 2009

Phew

I finished typing Chasing Stars 1! Isn't that great!?? I'm going to edit it at least twice before I let anyone read it though... EXCEPT FOR YOU! That's right! YOU are the first people to get a special sneak peek into Chasing Stars 1. Aren't you honored? -_- You should be in any case. Alright, here's your sneak peak. 

_______________________
Part I- Lost and Found
 I felt like a kitten stumbling around pathetically in a filthy cardboard box. You know, the ones they give away for free in front of super markets? My situation was only slightly different, though old to me. 
I was sitting on a grimy old chair in a hospital waiting room. The stiff atmosphere was giving me a sour neck, and my legs were aching from sitting so long. But Mrs. Howard said I needed to make a good impression on my new foster parent, so she reminded me to sit up straight and smooth my hair about six times every minute. I longed to punch her in the nose, or yank one of her long grey braids. She was sitting next to me, as she had been for at least an hour.
I really loathed foster parents, although this time it would be only one parent. Mrs. Howard had told me all about her. Her name was Samantha Mason, she was a writer and twenty two-years old. She was also very, very late. Ms. Mason was supposed to have picked me up an hour ago, this seemed to thoroughly annoy Mrs. Howard. Which did give me some pleasure...
_______________________

Soooooooooo? Are you now filled with the uncontrollable desire to read the rest of the book??? :) Okay so probably not, it's 116 pages exactly. Literally, it ends on the last line of the last page. Well hoped you enjoyed your EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEAK!

3 comments:

amaz said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!! i want to read this sooooo bad now (not that i havent already) lol. its good ^^.

amaz said...

you should e-mail it to me so that i can help with the editingness.

Gnome said...

Oh good, Amaz is going to be your editor. It sounds very good, but what is a sour neck? did she have too much lemonade?